This general rule section applies to each and every racer, mechanic and/or pit personnel. Some items, obviously, do not apply to each class – you can easily determine which rules do not apply to you. You are expected to know the rules – ignorance will not be tolerated as an excuse.
Every driver should inspect the racing surface and the race track to learn of any defects, obstructions, or anything, which, in their opinion, is unsafe, and they shall report that condition in writing to the speedway management. Any driver entering any racing event is considered to have inspected the track and all conditions are satisfactory to them. If not, they should not race. The participant further indicates that he is aware that auto racing involves risk and assumes the risks with full awareness and knowledge.
GENERAL RULE STATEMENT
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all Oglethorpe Speedway Park events, and by participating in these events, Oglethorpe Speedway Park racers, mechanics and/or pit personnel are deemed to have complied with these rules. No express or implied warranty of safety shall result from publication of, or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, spectators or others.
GENERAL RACING POLICY
- The racing officials will resolve any disagreement over technical rules, car specifications or operation of event(s). When their decision is rendered, such decision is final and binding.
- The racing officials will establish the length, frequency and administration of all events and programs and when their decisions are rendered, that is final and binding. Exceptions to the rules and specifications may be made on a temporary basis at the discretion of the race officials.
- The officials will determine all finishing positions and their decisions are final and binding.
- Any complaints, disputes, questions or problems must be directed to the chief steward immediately following the completion of the entire event (not just your race). No one is allowed to disrupt the racing program at any time by confronting officials on the track, at the flag stand, the race director’s box or by entering the scoring tower.
- The speedway may impound any car involved in a serious accident.
- This rulebook does not address all aspects of a racecar in detail. Any variance or interpretation to the rules is at the Chief Steward’s discretion – not yours, thus any part, item, equipment not specified or approved by the tech staff, will be declared illegal.
- Oglethorpe Speedway Park events are intended solely for the entertainment of our race fans and participants. Any broadcast, rebroadcast, transmission or retransmission or other us of images, and events during the race event without the express written consent of Oglethorpe Speedway Park is prohibited.
RaceCeiver will be mandatory for all divisions. It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure his/her RaceCeiver is working properly, or to notify pit steward if they have a problem with RaceCeiver. Drivers will be subject to penalty for disobeying any RaceCeiver communication from the tower. Drivers are required to wear & use RaceCeiver, not crew member.
No two-way radios, cell phones or any other electronic communications allowed in any race cars during competition.