Competition is open to two types of cars (1) OSP Super Streets and (2) NeSmith Street Stocks. NeSmith Street Stock rules will apply to NeSmith Super Street cars. Drivers must declare at draw window which car they are racing. There will be no crossing of rules. NeSmith Street Stock rules can be found at the following: www.nesmithracing.com, then clicking on Street Stock and Rules.
Safety regulations are listed under “Safety” at the front of this book.
The absence of a specific rule does not imply approval, consent or permission regarding that subject. Any questions or doubts regarding such matters should be directed to speedway officials for a clarification. Any further definitions or interpretations of the rules will be made by the Oglethorpe Speedway Park officials only.
- Must have steel firewall and floorboard to rear of driver’s seat. Firewall must go fender to fender.
- Bodies may be cut for tire clearance.
- Bodies may be hulled. Removal of dash permitted.
- Uni-bodies may be tied together.
- Trunk must be sealed from driver’s compartment.
- No sharp edges.
- No lowering of roofs.
- Rear spoiler 8” x 70” permitted. Side spoiler 18” overall.
- Aftermarket nose and rear cover permitted. Must be stock appearing. No sloping noses. 100lb penalty in front of radiator. No MD3 or Dominator Noses.
- Must have bars in front of driver’s window.
- Must have tow hooks on front and rear.
- May run aftermarket body, steel or aluminum. Fiberglass OK. body must be stock appearing.
- May run skirts.
- Any infractions of the rules may be adjusted by weight penalties at technical inspector’s discretion.
- See body rules and design.
CHASSIS & SUSPENSION:
- Minimum 101” wheelbase, must match chassis, example Camaro snout 108” plus or minus 1”.
- Front snout must remain completely factory stock at all suspension mounting points except where otherwise noted. No cutting and widening of front snout, must be factory width. Snout may be cut and notched for clearance. Snout must match rear suspension, Camaro snout-leaf spring rear, metric snout-metric rear. Rear clip suspension mounting must be in stock location, may reinforce rail with tubing to rear bumper both thru and under frame.
- Rear jigged square tube chassis will be legal, must have stock front snout. Car must measure correct wheelbase for type chassis used, example leaf spring-Camaro, metric-Monte Carlo. Rear leaf cars cannot splay more than 2 inches outside of factory specs. Metric cars allowed adjustable upper arms for pinion angle adjustment and screw jacks, all else must be stock type and stock length measurement from front snout. NO ROUND TUBE CHASSIS CARS.
- May relocate top A-frames. Top A-frames may be tube. Control arms cannot be swapped from manufacturer to manufacturer. (Ford to Chevy etc.)
- May run heims and swedged tube tie rods. Stock type aftermarket center link ok.
- Screw jacks ok.
- Changing of springs OK. Coil for Coil, Leaf for Leaf. No composite material leaf springs.
- May run adjustable screw buckets, rear shackles and lowering blocks.
- No wide 5 hubs or spindles – adapters ok.
- Sliders can replace shackles at rear of leaf only, No sliders on axle mount. Chrysler springs NOT allowed. Stock Camaro spring dimensions will be checked. Damper shock legal on top of rear.
- Sway bars and lowering blocks optional.
- Any shock, any location EXCEPT: NO coil over shocks. No remote adjust shocks. NO canister shocks. Front or rear shocks do not have to be in stock location. There is a $150 per shock claim rule. Only cars finishing in top three at an event are eligible to have their shocks claimed and you must finish behind the car that you are claiming shocks from. You must claim all 4 shocks. Coil spring cars may run jack bolts in rear.
- Offset chassis. Weight penalty 50 lbs. must be mounted on right side of car in line with driver.
- May run one 90/10 shock – upper rear.
- Drive shafts can be steel or aluminum only. Must be painted white.
- Leaf spring rear – No bar systems.
- Must be completely factory stock for make and model.
- Engine must sit in stock location. (1” set back allowed)
- NO high performance engine parts.
- NO porting and polishing.
- Hydraulic cam and lifters only.
- NO 4/7 cross fire cams.
- Anti-pump-up lifters OK. 0 valve lash. NO oversize lifters.
- Headers allowed. (NO TRY-Y)
- Any flat-top piston. Dish pistons ok.
- No coating of engine parts, except pistons.
- OEM 5.7 rods with 3/8 rod bolts or sir eagle stock replacement rods. Pins may be floated. Polishing of beams ok. May run scat with 3/8 bolt or cap screw.
- Steel crank must weigh 49 lbs. Cast crank must weigh 49 lbs. Must be stock stroke- plus or minus .005, no tolerance. NO knife edging. Balancing ok. May run eagle or scat. All cranks will be weighed with pilot bushing, cam gear, bolt and washer.
- Stock Quadrajet or old-style Holley cast iron. NO porting or polishing. Bow-tie or marine OK.
- Only aluminum intakes allowed for Chevrolet – Summit part #SUM226014 or Edelbrock part #EDL7101.
- Fords- Summit part #SUM226036 or Edelbrock part #EDL7181.
- NO vortec, bow-tie, or angle-plug.
- May use 300 HP 461, 462, 492, valve size 1.94 intake, 1.50 exhaust. 02-1.60 add 100 lbs.
- Any stock production head OK.
- May use world product SR Torquer head with 2.02 and 1.60 valves, must be 60cc’s. Bowl cut in head cannot exceed 1 inch, and must remain lip. Maximum valve stem stepdown cannot exceed .010.
Optional Heads– Engine Quest Part #350I 1.94 and 1.50 valves. No big valves allowed in the Engine Quest head. May use world product SR Torquer head with 2.02 and 1.60 valves, must be 60cc’s.
- Three-angle valve job OK. NO race-flow valves. Stock Type 1.250 valve springs, NO double springs. Screw-in studs and guide plates OK. 7/16 Studs Ok. 1.5 Roller rockers OK. 1.5 roller tip OK.
- Cast iron heads only. 302 or 351 world product Winsor Jr. 57cc’s. 1.94 intake 1.50 exhaust. Stock rods and crank. May run scat 4351W3500600 crank. Must weigh 53lbs. May run scat rods SCR6A.
- Must have straight stem valves. NO pro-flow or race flow or undercut valve stems. BORE-.060 plus.010 for wear.
- Small block 400 must run dish top pistons .110 depth and weigh an extra 300 lbs.
- 400 can run in full size cars only not in Camaro’s.
- Quadrajet or 4412 two-barrel. NO porting or polishing.
- May remove choke butterfly. Must have stock air horn.
- Maximum carb adapter 1 ½” maximum carb spacer 1”, CANNOT run both adapter and spacer.
- Holley 3310 or less.
- Double pumper must add 100 lbs.
- OEM or single point distributor.
- Stock type H.E.I. OK. NO MSD box.
- NO cross fire caps.
- No Traction Control of any kind.
- Any steel flywheel must weigh 14 lbs.
- Stock-type clutch assembly minimum 10” no lightweight. No aluminum parts.
- Clutch & pressure plate must weigh 16lbs. No tolerance.
- 602 OSP legal cars can run triple disk clutch no smaller than 6” measured across the clutch.
- Any OEM factory brakes. All cars must have 4-wheel brakes. R/F shut off OK.
- Stock type. No aftermarket. Must have working forward and reverse.
- Changing of rear ends, gears, ratios and locking ok. No quick-change or aluminum parts. May run disc brake rear end. Floater rear end OK.
WHEELS AND TIRES:
- 8-10” steel wheels maximum. Hoosier H-500 or AR-500 American Racer.
- May run bead locks. NO grooving and siping after June 1, 2017. No Needling.
- Tire Sample Protest $100 (Top 3 Only).
FUEL CELL & FUEL:
- Racing gas permitted.
- NO alcohol.
- NO fuel additives!
- After market built engine must weigh a minimum of 3200 lbs. after race with driver.
- 602 sealed engine must weigh a minimum of 3000 lbs. after race with driver.
- Valve covers, oil pan, stud girdles, push rods, poly-locks, pulleys, water pumps, windage tray, timing chain.
- NO gear drives or belt drives.
- NO dry sumps.
- The only sealed engine allowed is the GM part #88958602. This engine may be run in Ford, Chevy, or Dodge bodies.
- If any seals have been removed or tampered with the engine will be disqualified.
- The only carburetor allowed on GM sealed engine is the Holley 650HP model # 80541-1. 1″ carb spacer allowed.
- May change the jets & power valve. This is new to our Super Street Division. We may have to adjust this weight break to even competition. This will be done by technical inspectors if necessary.
IT IS THE RACER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO LET TECH OFFICIALS KNOW ABOUT ANY REQUIRED WEIGHT PENALTIES LISTED IN THESE RULES.
NECK RESTRAINT – Recommended
FULL CONTAINMENT SEAT – Recommended